Sunday, May 31, 2009
Anyone who has been around Jenna lately knows that she cannot go more than about 5 minutes without breaking out and doing some sort of tumbling - handstands, cartwheels, roundoffs, etc. She does them constantly and it usually doesn't matter where we are! Yesterday the two of us made a quick trip to Ft Wayne to do some birthday shopping for Jacob. We were speed shopping since she had to be home by 2pm for her best friend's birthday party. We had already been to 6 stores when we stopped at Target. We were in the shoe department when I looked over at her and she did a little "shiver" and made a noise - kind of like when you have a chill. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I just can't hold it in anymore. I just have to tumble. I really need to do a cartwheel right now." It just made me laugh. She had sat the whole time on the way to Ft Wayne and then gone through 6+ stores without being able to tumble and it was driving her nuts.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
So....bring on summer ....
-lots of sunny, hot days
-swimming at our neighbor's pool
-dinner on the patio
-a visit from my sisters and my nieces and nephew
-trips to RockyTop for ice cream
-playdates with friends
-watermelon and strawberries
-staying up late
-lots of grilling
-a week at the beach with friends
-a freezer stocked with popsicles
-a relaxed schedule
-reading lots of good books
-sidewalk chalk and bubbles
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Savannah, Allie and Jenna . . .
Jenna and her BFF, Savannah....
This is my favorite photo I took that day. I love that it looks like I am really spying through the trees at three little fairies dancing in the woods!
All three girls wanted to "sleep" for Jodi. They were too funny. And yes, Jenna is laying on a blanket - not just the growth in the woods.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
PS These photos were taken right after Jenna's dance competition, so she has a little makeup on, including mascara. I think that definitely added to her modelling confidence!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Saturday, May 09, 2009
I also just finished this book I got from Bob and Celesta for Christmas. A quick read and very funny - especially with my HGTV addiction. LOVE that it's almost summer, which means lots of time for reading!
Sunday, May 03, 2009
- took Jenna to pictures for tumbling
- took Jenna and her friend Savannah through the McD's drive-thru and then back to our house to play
- made salad for dinner with the neighbors
- had dinner with the neighbors
- went to the PAC to see Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood and laughed way too hard!
- went to pancake breakfast at the HS
- went to Jenna's tumbling meet
- went to the Prom walk-thru to see the decorations
- went to the nursery to pick out Mother's Day gifts and then to WalMart
- visited with my mom and dad (my mom came Friday night and my dad came Saturday afternoon)
- went to dinner and ate way too much Chinese food
- went to watch the Promenade
- loaded tumbling photos onto my computer and editted them
- updated my blog
- did laundry (but I let Chris fold it all)
- got Jenna ready for her dance competition
- watched Jenna's dance competition (after sitting for 2 hours waiting for it to start!)
- transferred all my photos from January until now onto my external hard drive
- ordered photos from WalMart
- watched Grey's Anatomy
- paid bills
- washed dishes
- ate pizza with the neighbors
No wonder I am so tired! I love getting lots of things checked off my "to do" list, but I hate starting the week already tired. It will definitely be an early bed night! Next weekend is Mother's Day. I think I will definitely take some time to just relax and sit next Sunday!
Jenna and her best friend, Savannah (who is an awesome little tumbler!)