I started this past weekend with a full tank of gas...and ended it with the empty tank light on. It was definitely a busy weekend!
- Chris' last basketball game was this past Friday. His team ended up 19-1 (they only lost to OG...which makes me dislike OG even more than I did before!). They had a great season! Tournament starts Tuesday!
- I took Amy (my ESL student) and her sister Angela (an 8th grader) to the game. When I went to pick them up, their mom had her coat on and was ready to go too, so I took all three of them to the game. Mom speaks very, very limited english - so it was an interesting night. I'm not sure they had ever been to a basketball game before - I hope they enjoyed it.
- Saturday was Jenna's first dance competition. At the last minute, Chris and Jacob came along too. It was a busy, hectic day getting her hair and make up done, changing her into her costumes, and making sure she was in the right place at the right time. Jenna did a great job and loved every minute of it. She has 3 more competitions coming up (Columbus, Dayton, and VW).....and she can't wait! I have photos to share, but I'll save them for a seperate blog post!
- After the competition we headed to UT to watch the girls' basketball game. One of Chris' former students is a senior on the team, so we went to watch her play. We met up with some friends and watched the game together. It was really fun to watch a college basketball game again.
- We attempted to find a Buffalo Wild Wings after the game, but the GPS led us to the a totally different restaurant. After trying a few other places, we ended up driving back to Bowling Green and ate at Frickers - a wings place we both used to eat at when we were in college.
- We had some time to waste between the competition and the UT game, so we drove around BGSU. We showed the kids where we used to live and where some of our classes were. We also browsed through SBX for a while and both kids ended up getting new BG baseball hats.
- We made reservations for our summer vacation! We are going with Mike and Deb on a grown ups only vacation to Jamaica for a week in August. I cannot wait!
- If anyone is bored over the next few weekends, you are welcome to join us. We are booked every weekend for the next 5-6 weekends with either a basketball tournament for Jacob or a dance competition for Jenna. Some weekends we even have both! I complain about all the running around, but it's worth it when you see them doing something they love!
- I had a photo session Sunday - 7 adults and 6 kids. Fun stuff!!
- I'm am done with this snow and cold weather. Please bring on the warm weather, green grass, sunshine, and flip flops.
photo from Couples Tower Isle website