1. Ice cream - especially at Rocky Top or the Creamery - my favorite is Moose Tracks, but lately I've become addicted to cherry and vanilla swirl soft serve at Rocky Top - YUMMY!
2. Cream slushes at Sonic or Rocky Top - I recommend an orange cream slush at Sonic or a red pop cream slush at Rocky Top
3. Swimming!! We are so fortunate to have a very generous neighbor who shares his pool with us. It's so nice to walk next door and use the pool for a few hours....especially since Van Wert doesn't have a community pool.
4. Staying up late and sleeping in - I love staying up late watching mindless TV, reading, scrapbooking, or playing on the computer...and then sleeping in the next morning. During the school year I am in bed early and up early...so it's nice to change my schedule a little.
5. Lots of photo opportunities!!! (see below)
6. Fun summer music - There's nothing better than driving around with the windows down and fun summer music playing on the radio. OH....and I'm on the hunt for some more fun summer tunes to add to our i Tunes collection. Suggestions please (c'mon Lori...I know you'll have some!!)!!
7. Our newly remodeled patio! We have a great patio area that Chris has been working to improve...he took down the lattice, making it an open patio. We added a porch swing. He took down the yucky plastic roof (which gave it a feel similar to a greenhouse - LOTS of fun on hot summer days) and replaced it with a shingled roof. The last step is to install a ceiling fan. My job is to make maragaritas for Chris to enjoy on his "new" patio once the work is finished. :)
8. Grilling!! I love food on the grill - burgers, brats, chicken, steak. We also discovered a really easy and yummy recipe for chicken fajitas on the grill, which has become one of our new favorites!!
9. FLIP FLOPS! I know they are probably a fashion "don't"...especially for a 37 (YIKES) year old....but I still love them and wear them daily!
10. Family vacations!! Only 10 days until we leave for Florida...and only 12 days until we are at DISNEYWORLD!!!!! I think I am as excited as Jacob and Jenna!!
No blog entry would be complete without a few photos from me. These were taken last week on a day when we weren't allowed to use the neighbor's pool. It was really hot, so we had to get creative....swinging while the sprinkler was going. We also filled a tub with water so Jacob and Jenna could fill squirt guns...but Jenna decided it was the perfect mini-pool.