Voting

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Animal Kingdom

We (or I should say...everyone but ME) went to Animal Kingdom on Wednesday. I woke up still not feeling well (dizzy and a terrible headache). I attempted to go to Animal Kingdom with everyone and rode the bus all the way there...only to get off the bus feeling even worse. SO...Dad walked me back to the bus and I rode back to the hotel and crashed for the day. While they were exploring Animal Kingdom, I was laying on the couch watching Lifetime movies and sleeping. They all came back in the late afternoon - it was very hot and crowded at Animal Kingdom, so they cut their day short. That evening we went back to Magic Kingdom to watch the SpectroMagic light parade and fireworks (since they were rained out the night before). I felt good enough to join them for the parade and fireworks...but came back to the hotel and crashed afterwards.
Here are some photos from Animal Kingdom. Chris did a great job of being the family photographer for the day. Maybe I need to pass off the camera more often. You can see all of the Animal Kingdom photos here.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

where's that big tree with all the carvings? i wanted to see it!

Jill said...

cool, but did a giant camel stick its head in your car and eat your snacks?? :) that brought back memories of our safari ride.

Anonymous said...

No live camel in the car BUT in Adventure Land at Magic Kingdom on the Aladdin ride they have fake camels who spit. Reminded me of the ride, Jill. The big tree is the "Tree of Life". Really neat to see but because of a short day we didn't investigate it. Just walked past. MOM

Amy Covey said...

See...if I would have been feeling good..and if I would have beeen there, I definitely would have gotten a photo of the big tree. Maybe next time...

Anonymous said...

Chris did a good job, but definitely less pix than you would have taken. The flamingoes remind me of the opening of "Miami Vice" (tv; I haven't seen the movie)