- The basement cleanup is almost finished. They came on Tuesday to clean the carpets and couch and we spent a lot of time putting everything back in its place yesterday. We spent extra time while putting everything away and organized and got rid of things we no longer needed or used. We have a big garage sale pile for next summer.
- I took Jacob shopping yesterday for his replacement PlayStation2, memory card, and game. He is now a happy boy again. I think he was starting to go through withdrawl (and so was Chris!!). Thank goodness for speedy insurance checks!!
- I am in the process of shopping to replace some of my scrapbook/stamping supplies that were ruined in the water...and then I'll be a happy camper again. :)
- The Van Wert County fair has come and gone again for another year. It started last Wednesday and ended yesterday. We didn't make it there as many times as we usually do, but we did spend some time there eating, letting the kids ride some rides, checking out the animals, and visiting. Fair photos to come soon!!!
- We are back to school today after a 5 day weekend (Sat/Sun + Labor Day + 2 fair days). It's always hard to come back after an extended weekend...but knowing we only had to make it through 2 days made it a little easier.
- Jacob and Jenna both are off to a great start at school! Jacob really likes his teacher and so far his favorite thing is Ohio History. We have a meeting tonite at school for "enrichment" class for Jacob. Apparently he takes after his "gifted" Aunt Brenda. Jenna LOVES kindergarten and has adjusted really well. So far her favorite thing is recess and free play. I wonder if they offer enrichment classes in free play????
- I am finally adusting to school, too. This year has been different for me since I am the only special ed teacher in the building. It's the first time in 16 years of teaching that I haven't had a co-teacher. Scheduling has been a real struggle, but I think I finally have it figured out.
- We spent two days in Chicago over our long weekend. It was nice to get away! Chicago photos and stories to come soon!!
- I started not feeling well while we were in Chicago, and by the next day my throat hurt. After a trip to the doctor, it was decided that I have strep throat AGAIN. This is really getting old!!
Be sure to check back in the next few days for photos from the fair and Chicago!!!