Voting

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter

I let Jenna pick out our egg dying kit this year and she chose a kit where you could make marble looking eggs. The kids had a lot of fun with it...and the eggs turned out really neat!

Jacob ready to decorate his egg (he looks so old to me here!!)....
Jenna's favorite....
We went to church Easter morning as usual. For the past couple months we have been looking for a new church, so this was the first Easter Sunday in forever that we haven't either been at our regular church or at my parent's church. It felt weird to be driving somewhere else...but the service was awesome. All week we have been quoting the pastor...."Jesus is alive....Heck yeah!!".
I forewarned my family that we would be taking photos right after church and that they would participate without complaining. It is usually cold or rainy or even snowy on Easter Sunday, but this year was perfect! We stopped at Central to snap a few photos on our way home. This was the first photo I snapped. I'm sure it looks like they are sharing a touching brother/sister moment....but actually they were laughing because Jacob "tooted" (as Jenna says) right when I went to take the photo. I love how it turned out though... It's so them!


Quick family photo courtesy of the self-timer.....
My little girl...always willing to pose for me...




And Jacob...who's not so willing to pose for me, but still will do it once in a while - especially if I make him feel guilty. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay - I thought that picture was cute, but after hearing the story behind it I love it even more! We sure are glad to be seeing you at Lifehouse! Kenzie and Brock have also loved have Jenna and Jacob there.

Jill said...

Great story... I see a similar one with my kids in the future! ;) and glad the eggs turned out. i've thought of getting that kit before but didn't know if it'd actually work!