Voting

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

From blizzard to fog.....

We woke up this morning to thick, thick fog. We started with a 2 hour school delay, then went to a 3 hour delay with an hour added on the end of the day, and finally ended up cancelling. It's now 11:00am and the fog is just as thick. Hard to believe we were digging out from a blizzard a week ago and now we have fog. Crazy Ohio weather! Along with the fog there is a really pretty frost covering everything, so I squeezed my boots on (not easy to do with a broken toe) and ventured outside to take some pictures. I love how they turned out!!! The first photo is the view down our road....and I think the last one is my favorite.







7 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh so dreary! I'd need an extra heavy dose of antidepressants to go back to an Ohio winter. It was almost 80 yesterday and sunny.
Gorgeous photography, but sad sad weather.

Jill said...

I'd love a copy of a few of those for my study, maybe 8x10s... is that possible? the last one reminds me of an ansel adams

Amy Covey said...

Sure! Just let me know what ones for sure and I can have copies made for you. And thanks for the compliment...you made my day! :)

Jill said...

:) I thought you'd like that one. Are you trying out different copyrights? By the way, my friend would still like photos, but her comment was "I'd like it somewhere nice... I'm tired of blue backdrops!" I told her you're ok with that! I suggested the park/bridge we used this summer. She also wants to know your "price list"... so, I said I'd come up with a good figure and she could just pay me... hee hee... I'd be sure to give you a cut! Just kidding. I did say you'd probably just do a disc with permission slip to make copies, so she wanted to know the fee to take the photos.

Anonymous said...

Beauty is in the eye... Do the Texans take their beautiful weather for granted? Those are great pix. I like the tree closeups - berries and pine needles. So how many snow days is that for you? We're holding at 4. (You don't get that in TX). Do you know that in FL they don't get hurricane days? At least not where our friend's daughter is - West Palm. she probably doesn't care because after living in Cleveland, she went to college in Buffalo.

Amy Covey said...

This was day #6 for us, so we have one to make up (which will be the Monday after Easter). The fog today was crazy. Even at 5:00 there were parts of Van Wert that were still foggy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I, too, loved the close-ups of the berries and pine branch. Now add black ice to the picture and that`s us up here. That fog must have been very wide-spread. It was just as bad last evening, but the overnight breeze blew that away, much to the chagrin of my Mill-Creek West Unity young friends and teachers!!