Voting

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday Night Randomness.....

  • It's a three day weekend - HOORAY! (and how sad that I'm excited about a 3 day weekend after only working 3 days this week)
  • As of tonite, there is only ONE more regular season basketball game left. The end is in sight!! :) Of course there's always tournament games.....
  • Speaking of basketball tournament.....IF Van Wert goes far enough in tournament, it will be at the same time as the NYC trip for the journalism students. IF VW wins three tournament games, Chris and I - along with several other students who play basketball, cheer, or are bb coaches' kids - are not going. I really want them to do well in tournament....but I really want to go to NYC, too. We'll see what happens.
  • And...speaking of NYC....very long story, but I am not going to see Wicked now. Maybe next time.
  • And...back to basketball....Jacob also only has 1 game left (tournament). Today he scored once and had at least 4 jump balls.
  • There is still tons of snow outside and it's freezing. We even got a little more snow today. I'm so ready for capri's and flip flops (and the weather that goes with them)!
  • Grey's Anatomy....anyone else watch this show? The past 2 weeks have been pretty intense. I had to cover my eyes and ears this week when Izzy used the drill! So...what is going to happen to Meredith? Can they really have her die when her name is in the title of the show?!?!
  • I spent most of the day cleaning the house and have decided that I really, really need a maid. I love organizing and don't mind picking up, but I hate cleaning -bathrooms, mirrors, dusting, sweeping - yuck!
  • My toe hurts! I got up on Friday morning when it was still dark and hit my little toe on the end of the bed. It's swollen and purple...and IT HURTS!! And now the rest of my foot and leg are sore because I've been walking weird for the past 2 days to avoid putting pressure on my toe.
  • We're having a family day tomorrow and going shopping in Ft Wayne after church. YEA for tax returns! We're going to look for a treadmill. I'm also hitting Archivers so I can spend my last gift card. Unfortunately, it's Sunday...which means Chick-Fil-A will be closed. No Chick-Fil-A sandwich and sweet tea for me.
  • I love guitar hero. I ROCK! :) I think I was meant to be a rock star. HA!
  • Is it bad that I've been using Chris' Valentine's gift more than he has?!?! I got him this docking system for his iPod so we can listen to music without the headphones. Gotta love Kohl's.
  • I bought yummy ice cream today - a new flavor...."Take the Cake" ice cream (vanilla cake flavor with sprinkles and swirls of frosting). YUMMY! It's almost as good as cake batter ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery.

I'm off to put ice on my toe, eat ice cream, and watch mindless TV for the rest of the night.

12 comments:

~Lori said...

I pushed the mute button, too, during Izzy's drill scene. It was too much. (And on a side note, if you watch House, they drilled through a girl's head on that show this week too! Must be head drilling season...)
Anyway, I personally think they should kill off Mer, because not only is she dark and twisty, she's squinty and whiny, and I'm tired of her. But no, they'll bring her back for more seasons to come, just to torture us.
And, I'm rooting for a Karev/Addison hook-up.

Amy Covey said...

I agree...she is way too squinty and whiny. It really bothers me. I'm rooting for Karev and Addison to get together too. We shall see.....

Anonymous said...

Well, I think technically Merideth has already died, but she will come back, so that's how they can explain a major character dying. Supposed to be another one who dies, too. Maybe it's Burke's acting career. I couldn't handle the drill, either.
Enjoy your family fun day!

Anonymous said...

haha...I think Burke's acting career has died a few times over.
And isn't he in anger-rehad now? I wonder how his absence from filming will be explained.
I heard the other death is Mer's mom.

~Lori

Jill said...

I was frustrated that they are dragging the conclusion on for another week. I have a feeling that if the show is named for her, she'll still be around. I'm not sure what this says about me, but the drill didn't bother me at all. Instead, I was sobbing through the whole dead pregnant lady part. Go figure. Sorry no Wicked for you. Brenda and I talked about going in Dallas for my birthday but didn't get tickets quick enough. And I say hooray for the three day weekend... And even sadder than you being excited about it after only working 3 days, I'm about not have 6+ weeks off and I'm thrilled for a free day!

Brenda said...

I can't post on my blog. i am mad. i have to create a google account but it won't let me. so i'll post here.
1. meredith can't die...unless she is a spirit character like on desperate housewives. or maybe she died and comes back when they revive her...that's one death.
2. the other death will be burke...he is an angry pig and will go. no biggie...he's boring.
3. nothing bothers me...carsyn watches the whole thing with me. she thinks dead stuff is cool. hmmm...i am going with future doctor rather than future serial killer???
4. we have new ice cream...mississippi mud pie ice cream...can't wait to dig in with scott's superman birthday cake- carsyn's idea. more later if i can post!

Anonymous said...

I agree with whiny Meridith but am afraid she really won't die. I think we would have heard rumors. Don't like BUrke either but really don't like ?? (Sandra OH--what's her name) Okay, Jill you aren't alone. I watched the drill thing and cried over the pregnant lady and also the end as they are all sitting there watching/worrying over Meridith. Lori--wasn't House bizzare??!! Are he and Cuddy ever going to get together??? MOM

~Lori said...

House was VERY bizarre, yes.
Does anyone else think we need a message board around this place to conversate?! (I know that's not really a word...)

Jill said...

Are all of our lives that sad that we have more comments about TV shows than about our real lives?? I'll be the first to admit I'm a TV addict, so I'm glad I'm not alone. If Meredith does die, I don't think it'll kill the show. I used to be an OC fanatic, then they killed Marissa and I haven't watched it all year, and now it's going off the air.

~Lori said...

It's OK to be addicted to TV as long as everyone else is too. I definitely am!

Brenda said...

I can't believe lori said conversate. I hate it when my students say that and I always have to inform them that it is not a word. Ugh!
I also love love love house...he is so messed up!
as for the message board...i am sure there already is one!

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Hey guys! Can I play?
Since all the bloggin cousins and blogger-by-proxy aunts are commenting, I want to join in! Unfortunately, I know NOTHING about any of the mentioned shows. I'll just nod my head and pretend I know what you're all talking about, like I do in most conversations. However, if we were to start talking about Deadliest Catch or Dog the Bounty Hunter, count me in! =)