Voting

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dance, dance, dance

Jenna's dance recital was this weekend. She has been looking forward to it since dance classes started again this past fall. She was in three dance classes this year - jazz, tap, and ballet. She couldn't wait to put on her costumes and perform. She did a great job! She knew every single move to each routine and had great rhythm! We were so proud of her (and glad to know that we got our money's worth out of the classes - ha ha!). Below are a few photos from Friday's dress rehearsal. I apologize for the quality of some of the photos....I haven't yet mastered photography in dark auditoriums with lots of movement!

Jazz - "Born to Be Wild" (She's in the back row/middle - behind the boy)
Tap - "Johnny Be Good" (She's in the front row - 3rd from the right)
Ballet - "You'll Be In My Heart"




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jenna! You know I share her love of dance and still remember all of my recitals and dance outfits :) Maybe I could come to her recital next year.(?) Speaking of dance ...We had a VBS meeting this afternoon (I am coordinating the Preschool Prairie Dogs for Avalanche Ranch)and the highlight of the meeting was having the staff learn the steps to the "Wild Ride!" line dance. Fun!

Jill said...

Yay Jenna! Very cute... and the fire outfit is awesome! Will she wear those around the house now all the time? Did I tell you I showed Marc the photos you sent of Jenna, and said "this will be Mia in a few years" and he looked at me like i was crazy. He will soon realize that my daughter will do something girlie- it doesn't have to be dance and cheerleading, but something besides sports!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pix. Those are great! That's one "hot" costume. I'm surprised there are that many kids in her class. I've heard how big time this is, though.

Brenda said...

awwww...so cute! the aunt in me is very proud...she looks awesome. however, the former cheer coach in me did notice the broken wrist in the kneeling ballet position....just some constructive criticism...only want her to be the best dancer out there!!! by the way...she plays a mean leg guitar!
i can't wait til carsyn takes dance next year!!!

Anonymous said...

She was awesome!!! And what you can't see in the pictures of her ballet dance was the disco ball. She loved that part!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

Jenna, I`m so envious ! Will you teach me some steps, please?????? Wonder if those outfits come in my size? Becca would be so proud of you. Uncle Bob and I are too!!!
Love you,
Aunt Celesta