Voting

Monday, May 28, 2007

Take me out to the ball game.....

It's baseball season at our house! Jacob is playing in the "on deck league" for the second year. His games started the beginning of May and will end in mid-June. This kid LOVES baseball - he loves to play, loves to practice, loves to watch it, and loves to sit and study his baseball cards. It's so fun to watch him play because you can tell he really knows the game and knows what he's doing. This year he has gotten to pitch in almost every game. I think he would pitch every inning of every game if the rules (and his Coach - who just happens to also be his Dad) would let him!! When he's not pitching, he is either playing shortstop or catcher. He does a great job at all 3 positions. Right now his team is 3-4. They have a very young team this year, so next year their record should improve.


Of course, I have taken lots of baseball photos. In fact, I have so many I want to share that I am going to have to share them in multiple posts over the next few days. So.....we'll start with batting. He has done really well this year and has had at least one hit in every game. He's really improved in hitting since last year...but of course he and Chris work on it a lot.

BATTER UP!!!!
























.....on base after hitting






















....and he scores!

6 comments:

Jill said...

We can't wait to come see you play Jacob- and Luke is excited too! He just got his first real baseball glove so we'll try to remember to bring it and you can show him how to use it!

Amy Covey said...

Oh...just wait...you also get to see Jenna's first t-ball game. I hope you can handle the excitement!

Jill said...

Wow, I think I'll wait to tell Marc about the tball game... he doesn't even want luke in tball, so I'm sure he'll be so excited to see jenna play! :)

Brenda said...

those photos are so great! I love them! Jenna is in t-ball? Too bad all of the excitement will be over by the time we get there!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to send us a schedule. I love the action pix, but why do they insist on having white pants?

Anonymous said...

Love the look of concentration on each photo face!!!! Smart Kid!!!
Aunt CC