Voting

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our turn....

Two weeks ago it was my turn to be on the other side of the camera. Nicole and I had arranged a family photo swap, so she came to take our family photos. As much as I don't like having my picture taken, I loved being able to sit back and watch Nicole in action to see how she handles a photo session, posing, getting clients to cooperate, etc. Other than a little plotting between Chris and Jacob (you'll see in the photos below), everyone was really cooperative (even Chris...the poor guy had to go way outside of his comfort zone!) and put up with Nicole and I and our photo obsession! On Friday, I got the CD of our images and I love them! Here are my favorites.

We started out in one of my favorite alleys:



Proof of Chris and Jacob's plotting (take a close look at their hands - silly boys!)...

This photo just about pushed Chris over the edge, but he was a good sport. I had seen a similar photo and wanted to try it with our family. I love how it turned out!





Then we went in search of some fall color. . .



My main purpose in having our photos taken was to get a great family photo to enlarge BIG and hang above the fireplace in our newly remodeled living room. Now I just have to narrow it down and pick one. It's not going to be easy! Any suggestions?? Right now I'm leaning towards one of the first two.

THANKS Nicole for capturing such great photos of our family. I love them!!!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

They are all great, but I think the 2nd from the bottom is my fave.

Anonymous said...

great shots! I vote for the first "fall color" pose (3rd from the bottom). Aunt Barb

Brenda said...

i love the stairs photo...i want that for me and scott! those are awesome. you guys look great..

Julie said...

I always love coming to your blog and looking at your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Since I suppose #4 is out of the question, my vote is for #1. Everyone looks relaxed and natural. I really lie the picture of just you and Chris, too.