Voting

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Announcing our new arrival.....

Two weeks after the first egg appeared, the first baby bird hatched in the nest outside Jacob's window. We've been checking every day, but hadn't noticed a thing...until this morning after church. Jacob looked out the window and noticed a "naked" baby bird. I have to admit that I think it's pretty ugly and creepy right now. It's all pink with just a few tiny feathers poking out of it's back. Mama Robin has become quite protective of her new baby and got a little irritated at us peeking out the window at them, so we are leaving her alone for now. The eggs appeared over a span of 2 days, so I'm sure the other eggs will be hatching soon. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, here's a picture of the new arrival. I apologize for the quality of the photo...it was taken through Jacob's window....I just didn't think Mama would be too happy if I went and poked my camera into her nest from the outside. Can you see it all cuddled up with its brother and sister eggs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, I think! Luke wants to know where the cow is... not sure what that means! :)