Voting

Sunday, January 07, 2007

photo challenge and a new class

One of my goals for 2007 is to improve my photography skills. I have decided to jump in feet first starting in January. One thing I have decided to do is to participate in a photo challenge through 2 Peas (a scrapbooking/photography website). The challenge is actually to take a photo a day in 2007, but I have decided to modify it (and keep my sanity) by doing a photo a week. I set up a new blog just for my photo a week photos throughout 2007. You can visit it here or click on the link on the right side of my blog. Be sure to check in each week...and leave me constructive criticism. My week one photo is already posted. It will be interesting to look back at my photos in January 2008 and see what I've learned.

In addition to the photo challenge, I am taking another on line photo class. I am really excited about this one. It is really more like a mentoring session rather than an actual class. The mentor/teacher is Amber Ludlow - someone whose photography I have admired for a long time. I am anxious to see what I learn and what she has in store for us as well as hopefully pick up a lot of helpful hints along the way! I'll be sure to post my photos here.

No comments: