- We FINALLY got a 2 hour delay on Monday for snow. YAHOO! It was a nice way to start the week.
- School has been crazy busy! I have a student teacher in my classroom for 8 weeks. She started last week and is a great fit in my classroom. I love having her in my room....but so far it's been a lot of work. I'm really enjoying it though.
- Jacob got his report card for the 2nd nine weeks - all A's. He even got an "H" (high) in gym...I'm sure he gets that from me. :) His new ZPD (reading level) is 5.2-7.2 (that's grade levels). WOW!!!
- I went to a piano concert in Van Wert on Monday with Becca and Chris' parents. The pianist was named Alpin Hong and he was amazing!! It made me wish (just for a moment) that I had taken Mrs. Glauser a little more seriously. :)
- I am having so much fun with my "photo a day" challenge I'm participating in. I originally planned to try to take a photo a week, but so far I've been taking 3-5 photos each week. Each week is a different theme. So far we've done getting to know you, your hometown, and water. It's been fun trying to think of different photos to take and looking at things differently. You can see the photos here if you're interested.
- I started a new photography class (on line) this week. It's called "Photographing the Everyday". I'm really excited to see what I learn!
- Van Wert basketball is having a great season. Our varsity team is undefeated and the JV (Chris' team) is 10-2. GO COUGARS!!
- We will be in NYC in less than 2 months with the journalism students. I am so excited to go....especially since I am finally going to see WICKED!! Can't wait!!
- I'm excited that some of my shows are back on....Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, and....as I was flipping channels this weekend I noticed that The Hills has new episodes. Brenda or Lori....are you watching?
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
I haven't had much time or energy to update lately...so I thought I'd post a random update on life around our house.