Voting

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beach Photos....part 3

Our little sand girl.... Jenna took a nap on the beach on our last day there...
The swing bridge leading to Topsail Island (and Surf City)...
Jellyfish! We saw them all over the beach during low tide, but never in the water. Yuck!

By the end of the week we were calling her "Gidget". She became a real pro at boogie boarding and body surfing and we couldn't get her out of the water!

Jenna wanted a beach name for Jacob too....so we called him "Moon Doggy" (for the life of me, I could not remember any of the characters on Gidget. We used to watch the reruns on Nickelodeon, but I remember Moon Doggy from either Gidget or some other beach movie)


Love how you can see the beach and the ocean in his glasses (oh yeah - and me in my swimsuit. That is the ONLY photo you'll see of me in my swimsuit. YIKES!)!
Surf City Pier.....


Up close and personal with Mr. Crab! He stayed in front of me for a long time and let me take lots of photos! This is definitely one of my favorite photos of the week!
Sharks teeth! The people next door taught us how to find shark's teeth...so Jacob was on a mission! He found over 100 in two days!
Practicing her tumbling skills on the beach....
Another sunset over the Intercoastal Waterway....



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! I got a Canon Rebel XTI for Christmas and still working on figuring it out. Have you taken classes or just practice on your own? Any photo books you'd recommend? Kathleen (friend of your sister Brenda)

Amy Covey said...

I've taken a couple classes at betterphoto.com, one was specifically for my camera. I also read everything I can get my hands on - either in books or on the internet. One of my favorite sites is www.twopeasinabucket.com They have a photography discussion board where I have learned a lot! Lastly, just start shooting photos and experimenting with settings. You'd be amazed at what you learn. Let me know if you need anything else!

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures! There is nothing better than a vacation at the beach...we've been to this beach. =) You must post "Beach Photos....part 4"!

From a Blog Stalker-
The VW Jill

I've been stalking you since Ashtin showed me the dancing Chris Elf. How cute was that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy, I appreciate the information. I have practiced some and my kids are my favorite subjects and they're beginning to run from me when they see the camera :) Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer, Kathleen

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!! i'm loving the family pics!
and p.s. you totally CAN'T see you in a bathing suit in that picture. nice try.