Voting

Monday, July 14, 2008

Today I let my kids draw on the wall.....

I really did. I let my kids draw on the wall today. In fact, I even joined them in the fun. I have had a vision for a fun project for about a year and finally took the time this weekend to complete it. I wanted a space to hang all the kids' artwork, spelling lists, A papers, etc. Our refrigerator is covered with wood panels to look like our kitchen cabinets, so we can't use the refrigerator like most people. I finally decided I wanted to paint a portion of the wall in the entry way off the garage to be a magnetic/chalkboard wall. I ended up putting on 3 coats of magnetic paint and then 2 coats of chalkboard paint over that. I love the way it looks, but I wish it was more magnetic. Today the kids and I had fun breaking in the new chalkboard wall and creating some grafitti to fill it. I have visions of leaving each other notes, discovering new drawings they've left, and even having our visitors leave us a note or picture.

The finished product....it was hard to get a good photo of it because it's such a narrow hall, but you get the idea. The papers at the top are stuck on with magnets.

Leaving their mark.....

My masterpiece.....a count down to our beach vacation! The little box under it is a cute magnetic box I found to hold our colored chalk. I will confess that I let my eyes wander for just a moment as I passed the school supplies at WalMart and saw it. I grabbed it quickly and got far, far away from that section!

7 comments:

Jill said...

I remember you talking about that last year! Did you make your kids dress alike on purpose?

Anonymous said...

That came out so good. Love the art work. MOM

Amy Covey said...

No, I did not make them dress alike on purpose. 90% of their wardrobe is red and grey, so they dress alike often. :)

Anonymous said...

oooh i love it!!! it looks way awesome!! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like that. Cute idea.

~Lori said...

What a great idea. I love it!

Brenda said...

i love it...i think we need that uptairs in our bonusroom in our new house!