Voting

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tournament time...

Baseball season is finally coming to a close. I know Jacob will be sad for it to end, but after a minimum of 2 games a week every week since the 2nd week of May, this Mom is definitely ready for a break. I have to admit I will miss my social time at the games though. Last night was the first round of tournament games. Jacob's team was winning 4-1 in the bottom of the 4th inning....and then the game had to be called due to darkness. I'm not sure why you would schedule a 7:45pm game on a field with no lights, but someone thought that would be a good idea. So, we are on our way back to the park tonite to finish innings #5 and 6....and hope they can keep the lead that they had last night. Here are just a few photos from last night, taken with my new lens. I love using it, but still need to get used to using it. I also need to start lifting weights to use it...it's really heavy!

Fooling around with Cade during warm ups....
I was trying to be a little "artsy". I like the end result, but most of you are probably wondering why I have a photo of the grass in focus and Jacob's feet blurry....and why I chopped off his head.


Love this photo....this is exactly why I wanted a new lens...so I could get awesome action shots like this one. Unfortunately, the catcher threw the ball past Jacob and the runner was safe at 2nd. I didn't realize until I was uploading my photos that I caught this whole sequence. Kind of fun!


On deck....



Up to bat....


Stealing second....


Stealing third....
Hanging out with Coach Covey at third base....


...and he scores!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pix! I love the action shot, and I think Jacob actually caught that. Hope they won the game tonight. does that mean you missed watching the hoopla from Yankee Stadium? It was pretty neat to see all that b.ball history.
P.S. I think my secret code is a bad word in Polish.

Brenda said...

love those photos...the action shot with the dust is sooooo cool!

Anonymous said...

great sequence of shots! Are you going to frame them as a set?
Aunt Barb