Voting

Sunday, July 13, 2008

It was bound to happen...

....but why did it have to be so soon? Over the past few days I made trips to both WalMart and Target...and both stores had their school supplies out. We're not just talking some random school supplies, but the whole fancy display and all the supplies to go with it. Jacob was so excited to pick up his list of supplies for 5th grade. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, scream, or run away. Instead I just tried to ignore it and pretend like it just didn't even exist. Basically, I'm in denial.

2 comments:

Jill said...

See, I am the opposite! I am waiting for the new Target to open in Heights. Now, I'm by no means ready for school, especially since my whole summer has been house and I'd like a few weeks of rest and fun, but there's something exciting about Luke and I buying his first set of school supplies ever!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Amy. I'm still trying to find a swim suit, and as soon as the 4th was over, BAM!! there's the school supplies. I think I actually uttered out loud, "I don't even want to see this". Guess I'll have to do some attitude adjustment over the next month or so.