Voting

Monday, February 23, 2009

Complete addiction . . . and a lot of inspiration . . .

Ask my family....I am completely addicted to the computer. Seriously, I am always at the computer editting photos, sending emails, stalking blogs, or searching the internet. I don't even want to begin to guess how many hours I have logged in at this desk. But it's not all bad. I've made some awesome friends through the internet...gotten back in touch with some friends I had lost contact with . . . learned a ton about photography and teaching. . .found some great recipes... am able to stay in constant contact with my far away family . . .and am able to constantly be inspired.



Lately I've been addicted to decorating blogs. I've always been into home decorating ideas and am constantly emailing ideas back and forth with my sister (which we just did again this weekend!) Lately I've been helping Cheryl dream up fun ideas for her house through the internet. I finally started a file on my computer of all the fun ideas I find that I'd love to try sometime...either in my house or in my dreams. ...and just thought I'd share a few of my favorite ideas here.




I love photo walls. I think I could get away with something similar to this in my house...if I had a staircase!


Another photo wall . . .I wish I had the guts to do something like this at my house....




Instead, I just helped Cheryl do something similar at her house!! Even more fun because photos of me and my kids are on this wall!




Totally loving chalkboard walls right now. I love our wall, I just wish it had come out a little smoother. Right now we use it to post our weekly schedule...or draw fun photos. This one is way too fun! Look at the bottom half!





Another chalkboard idea - a menu board on the inside of the pantry door. Now I just need a pantry door I can paint.




Chris would NEVER let me do this in our house, but I absolutely love it. If I had seen it 4 years ago when we moved in, I would have been very tempted to replicate it in our bathroom. She let her kids draw on the bathroom walls and then painted in the drawings. How fun!!

Who wouldn't love this?? A whole closet (painted a very fun color) for your purses!!!

photo from: www.noragriffin.typepad.com





We already have great bookshelves at our house, but I love the RAINBOW bookshelves. I wonder how long it would take to collect books in every color?!?



An idea I might actually be able to pull off in my house - a wine rack to hold all my magazines (yet another obsession I have - magazines!!). . .



I've seen this idea several times - using wooden hangers as "frames" for the laundry room. This one holds a definition of laundry. I think I would probably have to do photos though.



I love this idea for over our bed or in a hallway....Number canvases to represent your family. Of course, our number would be 4. I really think I may look into this one for our bedroom.



I love looking for old windows and doors when we go to antique stores. Someday I might actually buy one. I'm just looking for the perfect window....and trying to figure out where I would put it and exactly how I would use it! This is definitely a fun idea though (and another chalkboard idea!)...


In the meantime, I helped Cheryl find a fun window for her bedroom this summer during one of our antique adventures . . .
Last, but certainly not least, I want to live here someday. Apparently this fun little cottage is in Texas. I wonder if Chris would go for it??

photo from: www.camillefano.typepad.com



6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda said...

you wanna live in a pink cottage in texas? that's too funny...maybe it's weatherford...then we can shop on the square every weekend!

Anonymous said...

The first picture looks alot like your front entrance--fill in the "window hole" and put pictures there. Love some of these ideas though. MOM

Michelle said...

Wow, lots of neat ideas. I see why you and your friend Cheryl get along so well...you are both so creative. I don't have that much ambition, but I do have plans for a picture wall in our hall when we get it repainted. That's about as fancy as I get. :0)

Anonymous said...

dude. i LOVE that you have an addiction to cool decorating blogs!! because then i get to see them all when you send me links. :D :D i LOVE LOVE LOVE that 5 wall! you should totally do that in your house. also, my yellow photo wall doesn't look cool at all compared to the other ones on here. shoot.
i think you could totally pull off the photo framed wall.
and i want a rainbow book shelf. that is wicked cool!

Jill said...

love the rainbow bookshelf and the purse closet!!! don't have an extra closet though. you can find an idea for the wall between the study doors and the playroom door... right now it just has a thermostat but need something else... or the wall in our kitchen that is big and blank... or cool window treatments for the kitchen... get to work! :)