Voting

Friday, February 20, 2009

Noodle soup and purple gatorade (with ice and a straw) . . .


Jenna has been home from school for the past two days. She started with a cough and cold earlier this week, but woke up late Wednesday night with the flu. Yesterday she didn't move from the couch until 8:00pm when Dad gave her some jello and then a bath. The only other thing she wanted all day was purple gatorade with ice and a straw (she's has some very specific requests when she is sick!). I'm always nervous when she has the flu after she got dehydrated two summers ago from the flu . . .so, I was happy she asked for something to drink and was actually drinking it! This morning she woke up still not feeling well and slept in until 9:00 (very unusual for her - she's an early bird). She is finally starting to get a little energy back and even requested "noodle soup" for lunch. We've been watching lots of Disney channel and also watched 3 American Girl movies (one on DVD and two we had DVRd). Hopefully this is the end of it...and no one else gets whatever she had!





In the meantime, I have gotten lots of little projects done - organizing, cleaning, and putting things away. Today I decided to recover the dining room chairs I bought 2 weeks ago. I had been frequently visiting antique stores in the area hoping to find chairs to match the dining room table we got from Grandma Covey. The chairs were the finishing touch for our newly redecorated living room. Two weeks ago I stopped back at my favorite antique store in Van Wert and asked again if they had gotten anything in (they were getting to know me pretty well!). . . .and they did! The bad part was that there were four chairs (I only wanted two) and they came as a set with a table. After talking to the owner, she decided to just sell me the chairs, but I had to buy all four. The next day I went back with a leaf from my table and Chris, and decided they were a perfect match for our table. Jenna and I shopped for fabric to recover them (they were covered in a lovely shade of 70s green) and found the perfect fabric to compliment our new living chairs.
It's hard to tell in this photo, but the fabric on the "before" chair was really ugly 70s green. It was kind of a fuzzy fabric, too. Fun!
The chair we tried to match. I even carried a throw pillow around JoAnn Fabric just to be sure it was a close match!
The finished project. . . I have 2 other chairs and the table has 2 leaves. Who knows, maybe we'll actually use the table for eating instead of just holding our fabulous glass bowl?!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. I love the lines on the table, too. Let me know how often you dine at the table.

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to say I'm glad Jenna's feeling better, and I love all the captions on the picture, mostly b/c i have no idea how to do that.

Anonymous said...

Wow! you've been busy since I checked this blog. So sorry Jenna was sick but glad she is finally feeling better. And I like the chairs--guess we can stop looking for them now. MOM

Brenda said...

Looks great! We have actually eaten at our dining room table twice now...once for christmas dinner and once for valentine's breakfast.

Anonymous said...

i absolutely LOVE the chairs! they turned out so great!
and how cute is taht photo of jenna? love it. :)