1. I am sick AGAIN. Actually, there are times that it seems like I've been sick for the past year non-stop. I know I'm being a tad bit dramatic, but it gets a little old at times. This one hit out of the blue. I started feeling yucky last evening and by 8:00 felt just plain awful. I went to bed at 8:30 absolutely shivering with my flannel sheets and 5 other blankets on me...and I was still cold. Every inch of my body was achey. Luckily no upset stomach this time. I've had a wheezy cough the last few days and a sore throat, so maybe that was it?
2. I missed school today because I felt terrible. I hate that I have missed so much school in the past year. I used to consider myself pretty healthy, but lately that's not the case. It seems like when I get sick I get hit extra hard and it takes me longer to feel better.
3. I had an appointment with the rheumatologist yesterday. Things are better, but one of my blood rates is still higher than she'd like. A year ago it was in the mid 50s, now it's 28...but it should be zero. The elevated rate indicates inflammation and it bothers her that she can't find the source (me too!). She also point blank told me to lose weight. It's hard to hear someone tell you that, even when you know you have to do it.
4. Jenna and I spent Sunday afternoon at Cheryl's where we completed a couch makeover (click her name to see photos). It's amazing what you can do with lots of imagination, safety pins, a staple gun, and some fabric. She is now the second person I know who has a bird couch. :)
5. Our creativity was interrupted by a tornado warning! The sirens started going off and in true Amy fashion, I started to panic a little - especially since Cheryl does not have a basement. Jenna was panicking much more than me, though. We grabbed London and our just delivered pizza and headed to her friend Holly's house to wait out the warning in her basement.
6. One week from today we will be arriving in NYC! I hope I am healthy by then....and stay healthy!
7. After yet another power outage this past weekend, we finally broke down and bought a generator. Running extension cords across the lawn to our neighbor's generator was getting a little old.
8. Tomorrow this little girl turns TWO! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with her this past weekend. Miss Mia, your present is coming...as soon as I get to the post office!
9. Jacob's basketball team won all 5 games of their tournament on Saturday and were tournament champs! Believe it or not, I did not take my camera with me and don't have one single picture. What was I thinking?
10. It's time for me to go take more motrin, move back to the couch, and see what else I can find to watch from our list of DVR'd shows.