Voting

Sunday, October 22, 2006

It was a good weekend....

We had a really good weekend!

Friday we drove to Stow to visit my parents. The trees were beautiful the whole way there! I wanted to stop the car and jump out to take photos...but decided that wasn't the best idea on a busy highway!!We enjoyed just relaxing and spending time with them Friday evening.

Saturday we slept in and then Jacob and I ran errands with my mom - including a stop at Osman's to pick up Grandma's cake (and some extra goodies for us!). Grandma came Saturday afternoon (dressed in jeans and a black leather coat...how many 90 year olds dress as stylish as my grandma???) and then we all went to Kent and then Munroe Falls to see reconstructed parks along the Cuyahoga River. The views were really pretty with the fall leaves and sun shining on the water. (photos to come!) We stopped by Starbucks for caramel apple cider - yummy - before heading home. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and visiting some more.

Today we celebrated Grandma's 90th birthday. Several family members went to church (I always enjoy going back to the church where I grew up) and then more family members joined us for lunch at Triple Crown. We then went back to mom and dad's for gifts, cake, lots of photos, and visiting (photos to come!). I spent most of the car ride home reading a good book while Chris drove and the kids watched a movie.

PS HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY PAYTON! We hope you had a fun party and a special day! We wish we could have been there with you to celebrate!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I can't wait to see photos! Grandma in her leather jacket... did you take a photo of that? It sounded loud and fun when I called.

Brenda said...

Post photos ASAP! I know you're busy, but I am really anxious to see and hear all about it.

Amy Covey said...

yep...I have a leather jacket and jeans photo. It will be coming later this week...stay tuned!