Voting

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Photography 101

I am taking an on line photography class specifically for my camera. My goal is to learn more about the settings and mechanics of my camera so I can continue to improve my photos. I got my first lesson last week and was pretty overwhelmed after reading it. So I read it again, and again, and again....and it finally clicked. I think the hardest part of the assignment was that the photos were supposed to be of objects, not people. I am definitely a people photographer more than an object photographer. At first I wasn't sure what I wanted to use as a subject, but the more photos I took, the more good subjects I found. My first assignment was due today. I won't go into the details of the assignment because it really won't make sense to most of you, but I thought I'd share the 2 photos I submitted. I'm still nervously waiting for my feedback from the instructor, but overall I was pretty happy with how they turned out and what I learned.

This first photo is actually taken at the cemetery. It's a iron window on a building in the cemetery.


























No comments: