Voting

Monday, February 04, 2008

Another update without photos....

Yep, yet another update without any photos. What is wrong with me?? (we'll get to that later) The good news is...I did take some photos this weekend to share. The bad news is....they are still sitting in my photo folder on my computer...not quite ready to be shared. Hopefully I'll get to them in the next few days. Until then...another photo-less update from our house.

-Crazy, crazy weekend! We had no school on Friday and I truly laid around most of the day trying to fight my sinus infection. I did end up going to the bb game Friday night at Ottawa (for the record...I HATE when we play at Ottawa!), but was pretty miserable through most of the game....and both JV and Varsity lost. I think I should have just stayed home.

-Saturday I finally felt a little better after sleeping in. We went to Jacob's game and then came back and tried to get some things done at home. We went to the bb game at home on Saturday night. It was a much better night all around - I felt better AND both JV and Varsity won their games.

-Sunday we went to church and then came home to get ready to go to the Hannah Montana Concert movie. The longer I sat at home, the worse I felt (I'll explain more in a bit). At the last minute, Chris stepped up and took the kids to the movie for me. I just couldn't do it. Believe it or not, I was really upset about missing the movie. I had learned all the words to the songs and everything (pathetic - I know!). When they got home we had a Superbowl party to go to...and again I decided at the last minute not to go. I was okay with not going...except I missed out on all the food (Chris did bring me some leftovers though!).

-So basically...I can sum up my weekend in 2 activities - basketball and laying around on the couch. Fun times!

-Today was one of the foggiest days I've ever seen. We started with a 2 hr delay for slippery roads and then went to school. It was a little foggy early in the morning...and got worse by the time I drove to school...and then just kept getting worse...and worse...and worse...and worse. Jenna's dance class was even cancelled tonite because of the fog. Usually it gets less dense and lifts, but today was just weird. It seriously just made me tired looking at the fog all day long!

-Today I had a doctor appointment to try to get some things figured out. I have been dealing with some "issues" since July....and it's getting very frustrating. It's nothing serious - just episodes of dizziness, headaches, and lack of energy. I am so tired of not feeling well, having no energy, and being moody as a result of being tired and not feeling well. The appointment went really well. In fact, he was extra thorough because he had a med student with him. It's a very long story...but the next steps are blood work (did that right after the appointment...and didn't even flinch at the needle...I'm getting better!), an MRI (scheduled for tomorrow night...weird time for an MRI if you ask me), and an appointment with an ENT who specializes in dizziness (Feb. 26th). I should know the results of the blood test tomorrow or Wednesday and the MRI results later this week. It's very frustrating not knowing for sure why I feel this way and I'm ready for some answers so I can start feeling better!

-Very cool moment at the doctor today....at the end of the appointment he asked the standard "any other questions or anything else I can do for you?" , so I asked a few questions about the upcoming procedures and next steps. And then he said "I do have something else to ask you...can I pray with you?" It was truly one of the neatest moments. I just sat there trying not to cry too hard while my doctor prayed for me, for my family, and for guidance for himself and the other doctors. Amazing.

-If you are a praying person...please say a quick prayer for me tomorrow night. I am not looking forward to the MRI because I don't know what to expect. The doctor offered to give me something to help me relax and I think I'm going to take him up on it. I have been experiencing some anxiety along with not feeling well (mainly b/c I don't ever know when it's going to hit....so I'm always nervous about not feeling well), so I think relaxing before the procedure will be a good thing. I really am not real worried about the results...just the procedure.

-Check back in the next few days for pictures. I promise!! :)

9 comments:

Jill said...

I wondered if you were still feeling bad... thanks for the update. Good luck tomorrow with the MRI. Let me know what you find out with the blood tests too!

Jill said...

Oh, and big props to Chris for suffering through the movie for the kids' sake. That's impressive!!I'm sure he didn't enjoy it as much as you would have.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like everything the Dr. is doing is what you said he would do last weekend. the prayer is amazing. I wish I had had this 3 hours sooner to share at Bible Study but we will be praying for you tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. MOM

Anonymous said...

PS--ditto on the cheers to Chris for going to HM concert. MOM

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you! Hopefully you will know soon what is causing you to feel so yuck. We went to the movies Sat. and there was a huge line for the Hannah Montana movie. All these little girls (and boys) dressed up in Hannah Montana attire and very excited! Mike's exact words were "I sure am glad I don't have to go see that!" He definitely won't be jealous of Chris! Let me know if I can do anything for you! Love, Deb

Anonymous said...

We pray daily for our family, but will make an extra effort today. Be sure to look our for yourself. It is a challenge being a coach's wife, mother of two highly active children,teacher of special needs kids,plus numerous additional relationships & responsibilities. Congratulations to Chris for giving St. Henry's their first loss of the season. Love, Dad

Brooke said...

I have to ask: What Doc to do go to? I think that is awesome!! We'll keep you in our prayer.

Brenda said...

When I was in the ER and they were sending me over to Scott and White Hosp. via ambulance immediately, my doctor looked at me, hugged me and said I would be ok. That's what I always believed. It's always good to have a compassionate doctor! Good luck tonight! My opinion on drugs? If they offer them, take them!!! Oh, and there were LOTS of dads at Hannah Montana when we went.

Anonymous said...

and i just wanted to tell you that i'm praying so hard for you. what an amazing experience to have a doctor like that! wow!
i really hope that everything is ok and i'll definately be checking back in if i don't hear from you (i understand if you are too tired...sorry...i hadn't read down far enough before i said that)
big hugs!