Voting

Friday, February 01, 2008

Good bye President's Day

We were supposed to have President's Day off.....until we cancelled school today for bad weather. This is day #6 that we've missed, so now we will be making it up on President's Day. I'm sure I'll miss it when President's Day rolls around, but I was okay with cancelling today. They originally called for 5-6 inches of snow along with some ice. I'm not sure how much snow we actually got, but it looks more like 2-3 inches with an ice coating. The storm must have fizzled out somewhere along the way. Regardless, all the area schools were cancelled today and the news went on and on about how slick the roads were. Now we just wait around all day to see if tonite's basketball game is cancelled or not.

A few more updates from the Covey's:
-I have the beginnings of a sinus infection. I'm hoping it's short lived. I just hate how wiped out I feel when I have colds or sinus infections. I've been taking Tylenol Sinus religiously and drinking lots of liquids. In the meantime, I'm pretty sure my head is going to explode from all the sinus pressure I feel!

-3 basketball games this weekend - Tonite VW plays at Ottawa and I'm planning to go as long as the weather cooperates. Tomorrow morning Jacob has a game and then tomorrow night VW plays at home. It has officially reached the point in basketball season where I've had my fill and I'm ready for it to be over. It happens every year at this time.

-Sunday the kids and I have tickets to go see the Hannah Montana 3D concert movie. Should be fun. I just have this vision of lots of little girls singing along. We'll see.

-Sunday night we have a Superbowl party to go to for Chris' fantasy football league. I won't watch one bit of the game - but it's fun to go eat and talk.

That's about all the exciting news from our house. Apparently no one else has very exciting news this week either....it's been pretty quiet in Bloggerville!

I'm off to go figure out what I should do with my day. Sitting on the couch with a blanket sounds very inviting right now!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

we are sooooooo excited for Hannah Montana...Carsyn has her outfit...complete with hair extensions...ready to go!

Jill said...

I am out of the hannah montana loop as my girl is only 10 months old. oh well. marc had a scout coming from west point today to watch his player, and he looked up info on the team and said there's someone from van wert! have fun today at home, and hope you don't get what i'm finally getting over!

Anonymous said...

I heard freezing rain last night about 12:30! So, why did my alarm wake me instead of a phone call? I'll try to remember that on President's Day. Enjoy the movie!

~Lori said...

Hi- I hope you are feeling better!