Voting

Friday, December 01, 2006

A little Christmas fun....

You know I love these silly getting to know you surveys....and I also absolutely love Christmas! A friend emailed this one to me, so I thought I'd post it on here for all to see.

And...the promised photos from Thanksgiving are coming. This week has been crazy, but I promise to put some of the photos on here this weekend.

PS Only 24 days till Christmas!!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate ...but I do drink one glass of Grandma D's eggnog when we are at her house for Christmas...and I love eggnog shakes from McD's
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them
3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? White lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope
5. When do you put up your decorations? The weekend after Thanksgiving - everything is decorated and our house is looking very festive!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? spiced cider, Grandma L's caramels, Grandma D's cheeseball, fudge, and cookies
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Sneaking a peek at our gifts and trying to figure out what was inside. We were so TERRIBLE about sneaking that my mom had to come up with a secret code for our gifts sometimes so we wouldn't know which ones were ours!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I am not really sure, probably late elementary school
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, unless we happen to have a family get together
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Our main tree is decorated with ornaments Chris and I have collected over the years, a big red bow, and white light. My snowman tree is decorated with icicles and snowman ornaments. My living room tree is decorated with Crismon (symbols of Christ) ornaments Chris' Grandma made and gold balls. Jacob and Jenna each have a little tree in their rooms with their own ornament collection on them. (YES...I have 5 trees...and still want one more for the basement!)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I don't mind snow except when it's yucky and slushy. I hate driving in it though!
12. Can you ice skate? I used to be able to...but haven't tried in a long time! I even took figure skating as a PE class at BGSU
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? my camera
14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? being with family and watching my kids on Christmas morning
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmmm...I just like them all!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? checking my stocking!
17. What tops your tree? Tree #1 - red bow, tree#2 - giant snowman oranment, tree#3 - gold star, Jacob's tree- bow, Jenna's tree - bow
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving - I love finding the perfect gift for people
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love them all !
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum...but in moderation!

No comments: