Voting

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Baby it's cold outside....

It looks like we will be staying home this weekend. We are under a winter storm warning through tomorrow evening. This is what the internet said this morning:


Van Wert area residents hoping for a white Christmas may get their wish, as up to a foot of snow could fall in the area over the weekend. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning that will be in effect from now through Sunday morning. Snow is expected to develop across the area late Saturday morning and then continue into Sunday morning. The snow could also mix with sleet and freezing rain at times, particularly on Saturday afternoon and evening. Snowfall could be heavy at times, with areas of blowing snow after 1 a.m. Sunday. Winds are expected to be around 15 mph, with gusts up to 30 mph, on Saturday and 20 mph, with gusts up to 35 mph, on Sunday. A total snow accumulation of between 8 and 12 inches is being forecast for the weekend. Temperatures are expected to range from around 30 on Saturday to the mid-20s on Sunday, with lows dipping into the teens by Sunday night. In addition, temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing until Wednesday. Area residents should use extreme caution when traveling, but should only travel when unavoidable. 12/15

Luckily we don't have anywhere we have to be this weekend that will require travelling on the snow covered roads. We have to go to buy a gift exchange gift this morning, then to Jacob's basketball game at 12:00. Tomorrow we have a brunch with our neighbors...but we can walk to that. We'll see what the roads are like when it's time to go to church. I have lots of baking and wrapping to get done...and I'm sure I kind find some sappy Christmas movies on "FaLaLa Lifetime" or "ABC Family" to watch while I work. If not, there's always Christmas music to fall back on. I'm just so glad this isn't next Saturday when we have to travel to Huron. Hopefully the roads are clear by Monday so we can get to school. I really don't want to miss another day before Christmas....especially since we've already missed 3 days!

PS Only 10 days till Christmas!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since the storm is supposed to be headed our way, let us know if the weather guessers are actually right for a change. I need to break in my new, heavy duty snow thrower. It is huge compared to the old one. Probably will not snow this year or while we are in Texas since I am prepared. Enjoy the weekend. Dad

Anonymous said...

Let it snow! We have no other choice, right? ... and it is beautiful! We bought a new, heavy duty snow blower last night, but it missed fitting into our jeep by an inch, so we went back to Sears early this morning to pick it up in the truck. (Sears opened at 7 a.m.) The weather was clear, so we stopped for breakfast, a haircut for Tom, and a trip through WalMart ... and then the snow started. It is accumulating pretty quickly and Tom is out giving the snowblower its initial run, before we deliver the smaller one to Joe and Lori. I am prepared for being "snowed in" becuase I have only wrapped one gift, only mailed 1 card, and haven't made Quinn's stocking yet ... and I can't (won't) hang the others until his is done.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for the Perfect Storm to affect us so we can have Mon. off (but no one will get hurt, of course!) I've been checking the 10 day forecast for Warsaw, Chicago, and Cleveland for a week now, and so far everything looks smooth for the 21st. Let's get this bad weather out of the way so everyone can travel safely. I'm off to Sandusky for a bit more shopping, and then I can hunker down and wrap and write cards. Some people see this forecast as drudgery, but I'll bet to you it's a photo op!

Anonymous said...

Me again. Barb just posted as I was finishing mine. Is it genetic, or are our great minds just thinking alike? Guess I'd better get a move on, based on her comments.

Brenda said...

You really need that fireplace to work...it's just perfect for days like this! i am going to finish my last shopping today and buy what i need to wrap and make a few treats. Yeah!!!

Jill said...

I got to spend some time without kids today and got a few last gifts done, including my students'. Thank goodness for the Dollar Tree for student gifts! I wish we'd get snow. We do have cold and wind. I hope none of it affects our Christmas visitors!

Anonymous said...

The snow is pretty - but there are down sides to snow. Just read my blog.
Kara

~Lori said...

I hope it doesn't snow too much. I'd hate to get snowed in. haha

Anonymous said...

Here is the update from NE Ohio--got a few inches yesterday then rain this morning melted most of it and it became slush until after church. Now dad is out using the new snowblower on the whole neighborhood--we have several inches already and still snowing. MOM