Voting

Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice, ice baby....

We are home from school again today. We had freezing rain start Saturday night and last most of the day yesterday. Everything is covered in a layer of ice - including our driveway! Luckily, most of the main roads are pretty clear, so driving isn't too bad. The side roads and country roads must be pretty icy since we cancelled. We're supposed to get more freezing rain tonite...so we'll see what happens tomorrow. In the meantime, I just stocked up on baking supplies and am going to spend the day doing some holiday goodie baking.
I went a little overboard taking photos of the ice yesterday around our yard and Chris' parents yard . Everything looks so pretty with a layer of ice on it.




One of my favorites.....








Another favorite.....I love how this turned out!!!







And yet another favorite....
This silly cardinal was so uncooperative! I swear he knew I was there trying to take his photo. He hid from me for the longest time and when he finally did come back to the feeder, he stayed on the back side where I couldn't see him. This is the best photo I could get of him- complete with the neighbor's electric meter in the background. Grrrr. It was going to be such a cool photo until Mr. Cardinal decided not to cooperate!




7 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the ice photos...the fence is my favorite...is it in black and white or is it just that dreary outside? by the way...I love your new quote...it is so perfect for your photography!

Amy Covey said...

It's actually in b&w (but it was that dreary out!) Thanks for noticing my quote....I thought it was perfect, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! We didn't get any of that, just a lot of rqin. Is that 2 days for you so far? I'm planning mine for Fri. Poor birds!

Anonymous said...

We didn't get the ice either even though they said we were going to. Hopefully not the next two days as I have to drive to Northfield. Also love the quote--noticed it yesterday but didn't know how long it had been there. MOM

Jill said...

We at least had cold today... cold, mist, and fog! I just kept singing "Then one foggy Christmas Eve..." love the photos. Wish we had some ice/snow to help get into the holiday spirit!

~Lori said...

ooh. I always love the way it looks after an ice storm! The fire hydrant is my favorite one. I'm glad we didn't get any of that weather here though.

Anonymous said...

Amy, You should have been visiting us from Sat. until this afternoon. We were covered in ice as well. You could have taken many beautiful pictures of the birds, fields and trees. Even the kittens had a great time exploring snow and the ice! Whoosh, slip and slide!!!!!! They are sleeping in the house and under the Christmas tree today. The dripping water drops are wet and nasty!! I stayed inside all day Monday, doing laundry and cards. Must go to Bryan for some veggies. Need to fix a relish tray for a funeral at church tomorrow morning.