Voting

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Random updates from us....

  • I'm totally in Christmas mode - decorations up, listening to Christmas music non-stop, and counting the days until Christmas.
  • Speaking of Christmas music....I want to download some fun Christmas songs from iTunes. Any suggestions? What are some of your favorites?
  • I have 95% of our Christmas shopping done. Just a few little things to get to add to gifts and stocking stuffers for my family. No last minute, crazy mall shopping for me!
  • Basketball season is in full swing. It kicked off last weekend in full force. Between Friday and Saturday I went to 5 games (2 for Jacob, 3 for Chris). Chris had another game on Monday, but I decided to stay home. After 3 games he is undefeated. YEA!
  • Jacob is a "ball boy" this year for the team. He loves doing it and takes his job very seriously. He keeps calling all the players by their last name - it cracks me up.
  • I'm ready for some snow. Actually, I'm just ready for a snow delay. I could use an extra 2 hours to catch up on things. I suppose a cancellation wouldn't be too bad either!
  • I love finding fun "seasonal" foods at the store - like Candy Cane Lane tea, gingerbread poptarts, peppermint M&Ms, Cranberry Sierra Mist, and hot chocolate flavored Hershey Kisses. It's all about the food!
  • Today I got to go to Urbana and take newborn photos of baby Quinn and also 4 year photos of Rylee. I can't wait to go through them and start proofing them. I think there are some cute ones!!
  • Jacob has to get glasses. He's been complaining about not being able to see things that are far away. He had an eye appointment last week and will need glasses just for distance. Luckily he doesn't have to wear them all the time and won't need them for reading or sports. He's excited to get them.
  • Jacob is currently reading a book for self selected reading at school that I had to read in 8th grade English in Mr. Stephan's class. A Light in the Forest....I don't remember much about it, but I do remember I didn't like it very much...and he picked it just for FUN!
  • Jenna is starting to read a lot! She is constantly sounding out words she sees. It's fun to hear her try to read them.
  • Chris surprised me with tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert in February. We're going with 3 other bb coaches and their wives. I can't wait!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for taking photos of Rylee! You see why I haven't had one quality photo of her for a while! Whoa! You are fabulous! Thanks!
Kara

Jill said...

Can't wait to see the new photos! Enjoy your holiday mood. I'm having a hard time, with the 80 degree weather we had yesterday. A little snow or cold could help...

~Lori said...

I can't wait to see the pics, too! Thanks again for coming and doing that for us...Quinn and i both had a nice long nap yesterday evening. :)

Brenda said...

have you tried the mint truffle kisses? i haven't seen gingerbread pop tarts...i love gingerbread! too bad you don't like coffee...christmas coffee is the best!

Anonymous said...

We're having computer issues (Brenda, do you feel my pain?), so I'm excited that I can still read these. Holiday "foods": Brenda's right about the coffee and flavored additives. I haven't tried these, but am sure I will: candy cane Hershey kisses, mint dark choc. 3 Musketeers, and great news! The DQ has the peppermint chip blizzard again!! I can't wait to see your latest pix, and throw one in of Jacob in his glasses.

Brenda said...

Just as long as Jacob doesn't willingly read Watership Down, we are ok!!!
I love Diana Kralls christmas music..i downloaded it from Itunes last year...it's really cool.
I need some fun kid music.