Voting

Friday, January 25, 2008

A Photo-less Update

I figured I'd better update since I haven't posted a new entry for a while. No photos today though. I have some on my computer...ready to be shared...but no time today....just a quick update.

-I'm tired of the FREEZING cold! Today was one of those days that hurt when you breathed! It was 10 degrees when I came to school. The weather TV at school says -5....which actually warmer than last weekend when it said -29!! My classroom is way too cold for me. I'm ready for a little warmer weather. I'm so glad Mom and Dad got us new flannel sheets for Christmas. We've definitely used them!!

-I have decided to have a basketball-free weekend. Chris has games tonite and tomorrow night and Jacob has a game tomorrow. Jenna and I are headed to Columbus tonite to stay with Mom and Dad (Dad has to judge in Columbus tomorrow). Tomorrow Mom, Jenna and I are shopping. I'm ready for a basketball break.

-This morning Jacob and I downloaded an 80s song for him to take to enrichment class. They are studying different composers and last week they learned about Mozart. So...we downloaded "Rock Me Amadeus" (please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers or knows that song) for him. We listened to it on the way to school this morning and I've been singing it all day!

-I have more basketball photos of Jacob to share...but I've just been too lazy and/or busy to put them on my blog. I'll try to do that on Sunday after our Columbus trip. I was excited with how these turned out. I'm slowly getting it!

-Jacob had a great game last weekend. He really had fun playing! He had some great passes and scored 10 points. It was fun to watch!!

-I'm so glad American Idol is back on so I have something to watch. It's definitely time for the writer's strike to end. The first episodes are my favorites. Is it wrong that we laugh at people because they are such horrible, horrible singers? If anyone else is watching...I think my favorite bad singer so far was the "Let my people go..." guy that sang on the first night. He was BAD!!

HAPPY WEEKEND! Stay warm!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Just one quick comment then I'll check back in later... I remember that song of course, because didn't someone use the words "Amy Davis" instead of Amadeus?? That memory is coming back.

Brenda said...

I can't believe I am turning into one of those people who hardly watches tv anymore...weird!
tking photos in gym is impossible...mine were horrible
love love love that song!!!!

~Lori said...

I'm right there with you on needing the writers' strike to be over. The only show with new episodes is Cashmere Mafia...I'm watching it, but it's not very good.

Amy Covey said...

Yep...Brian Barczyk (wow...there's a blast from the past!) used to sing "Rock me Amy Davis". He also used to sing "Brenda Davis Eyes" instead of "Bette Davis Eyes". Pretty creative guy, huh? I wonder what ever happened to him?

Anonymous said...

I checked for Brian Barczyk on line. One person came up reelating to an expert on reptiles (snakes, etc). another was some type of industrial consultant/financial advisor in Cleveland area. Check it out and see if you find out more. Dad

Jill said...

Ok dad, I did the same thing and came up with a snake guy too! How sad that that is how I spent my time today?? :)

Anonymous said...

How funny! I used to sing "She's got Nancy Davis eyes", even tho' I was Nancy G. by then.

Amy Covey said...

Hmmm...I doubt he is the snake guy. He seems more like he would be the business guy instead. How funny that you both searched for him online though.