Voting

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Back To School

Yesterday was our first day of school (after spending Monday and Tuesday at teacher inservices all day). Jacob is really excited about third grade. He had all his new supplies, new clothes, and his new Nikes laying out ready to go. I couldn't resist shooting this picture. I just love brand new crayons that have never been used.















He let me take the traditional first day of school photos at home before we left, but nicely asked me not to take my camera to school this year ( in the past I've taken a photo of he and his teacher on the first day). He said that a kid in his class (the big bully) might make fun of him. So, I left it home. ( I wouldn't want him getting beat up just because his mom is slightly obsessed with taking photos!)Jenna started at Wee Care daycare center today and insisted on having first day photos taken too (although she is very upset that she didn't get new shoes!). She was a little apprehensive about going in the morning, but cried when I picked her up after school because she didn't want to leave.



















Oh - and do you think that when Jacob is a senior in HS and Jenna is an 8th grader that I'll get them to take a photo like the last one? Somehow, I doubt it! I better enjoy it while it lasts. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about that.Probably a better chance of that pose than the hand holding. They're both looking good!

Jill said...

Cute photos! I love the new crayons too, but by the end of the day they are broken and laying all over my floor. Don't love them at that point!

Brenda said...

i love the crayon photo. how cute would it be to take several "school supply" photos like that, enlarge them and frame and mat them for a play room? that would be neato!!!

Brenda said...

i love the crayon photo. how cute would it be to take several "school supply" photos like that, enlarge them and frame and mat them for a play room? that would be neato!!!

Brenda said...

i love the crayon photo. how cute would it be to take several "school supply" photos like that, enlarge them and frame and mat them for a play room? that would be neato!!!

Brenda said...

sorry, blogging has been crazy at school today. things are either not posting at all or posting three times. just thought you'd want to see many photos of me!!!

~Lori said...

Yay for new crayons!
Yay or seventeen photos of Brenda on your comment page!
Yay for the weekend!

Anonymous said...

great back-to-school pic of the kids! Where's the one of you and Chris? Hope you all survived the first week. Aunt Barb