Voting

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just some random thoughts...

I don't have anything meaningful to share and no new photos, so I thought I'd just post a few things I'm thinking about right now.....

-The fair starts tomorrow!!! That means yummy, fattening food - sausage sandwiches, super subs, french fries with vinegar, fried cheese, funnel cakes. I love the fair and could spend tons of time there. I grew up in a county with a pretty pathetic county fair that we never went to. Van Wert's fair is pretty big and lots of fun. Chris tolerates the fair because I like it so much. We bought our passes today and are all set to spend lots of money on fattening food, silly games, and rides.

-Very proud of my cousin, Jessica. She has made the decision to serve as a missionary in Poland for two years. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

-Still trying to adjust to being back at school. This is my 15th year of teaching and you'd think I'd be fine...but I'm always energy deprived for the first couple weeks of school. Of course the fact that my allergies kick in right when we go back to school doesn't help much.

-I'm not liking our new school schedule. They changed the elementary schedule and we now get out 35 minutes later. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it really makes a difference. I used to be able to wrap things up at school, get Jenna, and be home by 4:00. Now we don't get home until 4:30-4:45. How am I ever going to watch Oprah??

-Speaking of TV....I'm really missing our big screen TV in the family room. Actually, it's still there, but it doesn't work. A repair man came and took some parts and is working on it. I'm hoping we hear from him this week. Of course, we have 3 other TVs we could watch...but it's not the same as sitting on our comfy couch and watching the BIG tv.

-Jenna tattled on Jacob this morning and said "Mom, Jacob said I had a uni-brow. That's not nice." First of all, how does Jacob know what a uni-brow is?? Secondly, how do I tell Jenna that lucky for her she inherited my eyebrows and plucking and waxing are going to be a huge part of her future??

-I hate tornado warnings! We had one in the county last night, but luckily it wasn't for our area. After witnessing what a major tornado can do, I don't think I'll ever be able to take a tornado warning lightly again.

No comments: